TARGET GROUPS AND BENEFICIARIES:
Rural disadvantaged and vulnerable communities- among groups benefiting from ART’s work are:
✓female headed households
Date: March 8, 2018
WHAT IS ART?
- A non-profit, non-governmental rural development agency.
- Established in 1981; registered as an NGO in January 1985
- Registered under the Companies Act as a non-profit company.
“A process through which communities acquire knowledge, skills and ability to identify issues in improving their overall quality of life and use the acquired knowledge and skills to take action to address these issues and improve their quality of life”
“Empowering People! Transforming Communities!!”
- Position the agency to sustain and maximise its contribution to national development processes
- Restoration of office building and resource centre
- Build and strengthen partnerships which complement and support the agency’s mission.
- Rural Youth Development Programme
- Strengthening Community Organisations for Participation in Governance and Development
- Community Education and Training
- Advocacy and Networking
- Resource Mobilization
- Community Capacity Building & Empowerment
- Rural Youth Development
- Community Participation and Support
- Quality of Life Programmes
- Community Health Promotion
- Supporting the Development of Sustainable Livelihoods
- Advocacy & Networking
- Success of Rural Youth Development Programme
- Improving reading and literacy skills
- Nurturing creative talents
- Building self-esteem and self-confidence
Support to Development of Sustainable Livelihoods
- Micro-project Loan Fund –
- Revitalization of the beekeeping sector in Grenada including international awards (2002) for Grenadian honey
- Regional award(1999) for Eat Local Eat Healthy project
- Pioneered use of popular theatre in Grenada in respect of HIV/AIDS Education (2003) – A Sip of Red Wine.