INTER AGENCY GROUP OF DEVELOPMENT ORGANISATIONS (IAGDO)
c/o P.O. Box 750, St. George’s, Grenada
IAGDO to Host Workshop on Code of Conduct and Ethics for Caribbean NGOs
The Inter Agency Group of Development Organisations, in collaboration with its regional affiliate, the Barbados-based NGO Caribbean Policy Development Center (CPDC),
will host a one day workshop a proposed Code of Conduct and Ethics for Caribbean NGOs, on Tuesday, January 17th, at the National Stadium, Players Pavilion, Level 1. The workshop targets persons in the management and decision-making positions of their organisation.
Among the objectives of the day’s session are to:-
- Promote awareness of the Code and understanding of the rationale for such a Code.
- Promote the adoption of the Code of Conduct and Ethics for Caribbean NGOs as a tool for enhancing organizational capacity and effective participation and engagement
- Identify key priorities to be addressed in becoming Code compliant
- Identify key steps going forward to develop and strengthen national civil society engagement and participation in national policy development and implementation:-
This activity is part of a regional initiative – Civil Society Regional Development Project – being implemented by the NGO Caribbean Policy Development Centre with support from the European Union. This regional initiative aims to enhance the capacity of the Caribbean civil society sector to effectively engage and participate in national and regional policy processes.
The Code of Conduct and Ethics for the Caribbean :-
- aims to foster good relations between NGOs and the constituents that they serve and ensuring that all NGO activities are conducive to the attainment of a high level of respect among practitioners, beneficiaries, donors and partners.
- .is concerned with: the governance of NGOs; relations among NGOs at local, national, regional and international levels; NGO relations with beneficiary communities, donor, partners, and government; NGO relations with labour, private sector, political parties, media, and the general public.”
Date: January 13th, 2017
Contact No.: 405-0797