NON STATE ACTORS ADVISORY PANEL
- Memorandum of Understanding:
The Non State Actors Advisory Panel was launched in Grenada on September 14th, 2009 with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of Grenada and the European Union Delegation in Barbados.
The Memorandum of Understanding sets out the following objectives for the panel:
- Facilitate deeper involvement of civil society in the country/EU partnership.
- Participate in political dialogue, policy dialogue, programming and review, related to EU development assistance.
- Provide advice on other matters related to EU – country partnership as jointly requested by the Government and the Delegation or determined by the Panel
The panel is comprised of organizations representing a wide range of sectors and interests:- the organized private sector, the trade union sector, the development non-governmental organizations, faith based organizations, community development organizations, women, farmers organizations, environment and heritage organizations, the media., youth and Carriacou and Petite Martinique:
The following organisations were nominated to be on the panel:-
- PE1 – PE 3, .June 2010 – May 2013: Grenada Trade Union Council (labour); Grenada Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Grenada Hotel Assn; (private sector; Conference of Churches, Grenada(faith-based organisations); Media Workers Assn. of Grenada (media); Caribbean Agro-business Assn., Grenada Chapter (agriculture); Grenada National Council of the Disabled (persons with disabilities);; Grenada National Organisation of Women(women); St. Andrew’s Development Organisation (community based organisations); Grenada Youth Ambassadors (youth); Inter Agency Group of Development Organisations (development NGOs; Friends of the Earth (environment); the Willie Redhead Foundation (heritage), Carriacou & Petite Martinique.
- PE 4, October 2013- September 2014: Grenada Trade Union Council (labour); Grenada Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Grenada Hotel Assn and Grenada Employers’ Federation (private sector; Conference of Churches, Grenada(faith-based organisations); Media Workers Assn. of Grenada (media); Grenada Network of Rural Women Producers, North –East Farmers Org.; Southern Fishermen’s Assn, Grenada Poultry Producers Assn, (agriculture sector); Grenada Community Dev. Organisation (GRENCODA), Inter Agency Group of Development Organisations (development NGOs); Grenada Youth Parliamentary Assn.(youth); ,Grenada National Council of the Disabled (persons with disabilities);; Grenada National Organisation of Women(women); North West Development Authority Inc. and La Tante Dev. Org, St. David’s (community based organisations); St. Patrick’s Environmental and Comm. Tourism Org.
- ( SPECTO) & Friends of the Earth-Grenada (Environment).
3.. Co-operation Protocol:
- A Co-operation Protocol afforded the Panel access to a budgetary allocation under the Technical Co-operation Fund of the Programme Estimates of the 10th European Development Fund..
- The budgetary allocations are managed by the Special Services Unit of the European Development Fund in the Ministry of Finance. There are procedures and guidelines through which the funds are accessed by the Panel.
The officers of the Panel:
- June 2010 – May 2013 (PE1-PE3): : Ms. Judy Williams, Chairperson (Inter Agency Group of Development Organisations); Mr. Cecil Edwards, Deputy Chairperson (Willie Redhead Foundation; Ms. Sandra Ferguson, Secretary (inter Agency Group of Development Organisations); Mr. Tyrone Buckmire, Public Relations Officer (Inter Agency Group of Development Organisations)
- October 2013 -September 2014 (PE 4): Ms. Judy Williams, Chairperson (Inter Agency Group of Development Organisations); Mr. Joshua Lewis, Vice-President ((Grenada Pooultry Producers Association); Ms. Sandra Ferguson, Secretary (Inter Agency Group of Development Organisations); Mr. Jonas Jones, Public Relations Officer (Grenada Youth Parliamentary Assn.) Mr. Joseph Antoine, Floor Member (Friends of the Earth)
- Secretariat Services:
The Agency for Rural Transformation Ltd.(ART) provided secretariat services to the Panel over the period.
- 6. Key Accomplishments and Activities:-:
Key activities and accomplishments and activities of the Panel have been:
- Input into policy and programmes
- Capacity Building Activities for NSAs
- Meetings with EU consultants and Networking
Details are outlined in the table, Non State Actors Panel: Key Activities and Accomplishments, June 2010 – September 2014.
 Grenada – EU partnership